Monday, December 27, 2021

Welcome




Welcome:

    I am new to blogging but not new to the world of literature. Growing up I was home within the walls of a library or bookstore more than the house I grew up in. Librarians felt more like family and the books felt like my siblings.  
    
    The purpose of this blog is to help find authors and books that often are overlooked by the mainstream popularity of those that have become "New York Bestsellers" and often have become movies or series. 

    I will pick at least one book each month to read and review. I am open to all genres of fiction and nonfiction in my exploration of the next great book. I do not expect that we will always agree with what I think about a book or author that I review. This is ok and I would love to know what your thoughts are on a book or author as long as it does not consist of name-calling or just downright being mean as a rattlesnake. Remember that we are all human and have different thoughts and opinions.

    Along with doing book reviews, I would also love to share bookstores that are far from the mainstream bookstores that have become a part of our lives such as Amazon. It breaks my heart every time that I see a bookstore closing its doors for the last time. This is why I keep a box of tissues with me just in case while on the road looking for the next hidden bookstore that only the locals may know about.


"Reading gives us someplace to when we have to stay where we are."- Mason Cooley





Armarius









No comments:

Post a Comment

June Reading Haul

 Hi! Everyone, The start of the summer has been crazily busy between working summer jobs and tending to a vegetable garden. I am pleased to ...