Saturday, January 1, 2022

The Book Charmer Part Two

 Happy New Year,

    I am hopefully that this year brings great fortune to everyone and that we all discover new authors and favorite books. Yesterday I discovered and greatly sadden that Betty White passed away. She has always been an icon but she discovered new popularity these past few years with her quirky personality and love of animals. She will be missed by so many. 

Possible Spoiler Alert:

    On this rainy New Year day I finished the Book Charmer. This book just floored me. I was not expecting to like this as much as I did. The characters personalities come out on the pages and develop as you read.  Karen Hawkins if you happen to be reading this, I read a lot and scarcely find a book that makes me laugh, relate to one or more characters on things that might say or do, and just made me want to continue to read to find out what happened next. I applaud you because you hit eveyerything that I had mention on the head. Also I absolutely loved that the cat's name is Killer. This made me giggle really for no other reason but that I have a cat and can relate to this name. 

Some of my favorite quotes from the book:

This quote can be found on page 123 and is so true about life. " Grace's eyes burned. Truth was a funny thing. On it's surface, it was all good, a measure of person's character. But under certain circumstances, truth was a burden you spared someone else. 

This quote can be found on page 155. This scene happens when Sarah basically forces Grace to carpool by catching her as she was attempting to leave for work. " The smell of vanilla and cinnamon filled the car, mingling with that of coffee." "She sipped the coffee. It poured over her tongue and warmed her from head to toe." I just love this description of the love of coffee. This is how I feel every time that I drink coffee or tea. 

This quote can be found on page 143 and happens around Mama G's funeral (which Karen you made me cry during this part of the book). "Love can't cure a broken heart, but it can hold the two sides together while they heal." This is so accurate as I think of the people that I have lost and having my husband with me to morn them helps to heal. 

I can not wait to read the next book in this series. With fully understanding that this book may not be everyone's cup of tea I highly recommend giving it a try this may just surprise you.

I give this book 5 stars out of 5 stars.

Looking at several possibilities for my next book that I will read and review. If you have a suggestion please leave a comment.

"I knew who I was this morning, but I have changed a few times since then"- Alice in Wonderland

Have a cup of something hot to drink, comfy chair, and a good book. I bid you a good day.



Armarius



No comments:

Post a Comment

June Reading Haul

 Hi! Everyone, The start of the summer has been crazily busy between working summer jobs and tending to a vegetable garden. I am pleased to ...