Wednesday, December 29, 2021

When in doubt go to the library

 Greetings my bookish friends,

    Since I realized that my bank account was not going to allow me to purchase any new books this week. Adulting does suck at times and other times it can be amazing. I did the most sensible thing I paid a visit to my local library. Libraries are a portal to other worlds, periods of time, and great adventures just waiting to be explored. The librarians are the gatekeepers to these amazing places to be visited.  I found a copy of The Book Charmer by Karen Hawkins. While checking out how many of you ever have a nice conversation with your librarian? I highly advise it especially if you see your librarian reading a book at her station. Make sure you ask her what she is reading. My librarian who I will call Lilly was reading a book on the Vanderbilts. So we had nice conservation regarding the Vanderbilts, thankfully there was not a line that could have been a bad situation. 

I started reading and I am already on chapter 11. So far I am utterly charmed by this fascinating tale. Can not wait to do the book discussion. LOL, it will more than likely be by the end of the week and I will have to find another book to do for January.

Happy reading,

Armarius 



2 comments:

June Reading Haul

 Hi! Everyone, The start of the summer has been crazily busy between working summer jobs and tending to a vegetable garden. I am pleased to ...