Sunday, January 30, 2022

Light Hearted Read

 Happy Sunday my bookish friends,

This week has been long and tough but I have managed to get through it. Not saying that I didn't have a few meltdowns along the week. Reading gives me the mental escape that I need when life is rough. Picking the right book for this mental health day is key to helping anyone get through the hour, day, or week.  When I am really suffering from high anxiety I need something that is light-hearted and just a fun read. On these days I definitely stay clear of anything that could be considered a heavy read with content that could send my anxiety into high gear.

I stumbled upon a book that is definitely typically a Christmas book that would be read during the holidays but I have never heard of the author and the title pulled at my heartstrings because I have a love for witches that is almost over the top. 

Sleigh Bells by Bella Falls was a wonderful, magical light read that I needed in my life when things are so heavy. Her characters are whimsical and are brought to life. I have so many favorite characters within this book that makes it hard to decide on just one but the Squirrel Nutty is in the top three. Bella Falls brings paranormal and shape-shifting wrapped in a nice package. If you need something that is light and just simply bliss I highly recommend this.

Synopsis from Good Reads:

Have yourself a very Merry Witchmas in Holiday Haven, where the magic and mystery of Christmas is a snow joke!


Aurora Hart hates everything Christmas, but how could she turn down the opportunity to serve one year of probation in Holiday Haven versus a full sentence for her crimes? Saddled with a talking squirrel roommate, Aurora is doing her best to keep a low profile as she bides her time. Everything is going fine…until Santa’s sleigh gets stolen.

Now, all eyes are on her and the other town Humbugs, and it’s up to Aurora to keep her behind from ending up back in jail. With the help of a very important person from the North Pole, she finds herself hot on the trail of the real culprit. But it will take her having to do something she’s never done before—accepting new friends and their assistance. Only then will Aurora be able to turn not only her own life around but also Christmas for the entire world!

Will Aurora be able to solve the mystery of who stole Santa’s sleigh in time? Or will the culprit get the final sleigh?

Have a wonderful week,

Armarius



No comments:

Post a Comment

June Reading Haul

 Hi! Everyone, The start of the summer has been crazily busy between working summer jobs and tending to a vegetable garden. I am pleased to ...