Sunday, May 15, 2022

I need caffeine!!!

 Good day to anyone out that may be reading this. 

I need caffeine. Yep, I need to find a beautiful source of energy that helps me start my day and keeps me going. This morning I found myself fixing my regular tea brew and grabbing my current book that I am reading while letting the dogs outside. Let me tell you that this is not an easy thing to do with two big Great Pyrenees. Samson our male likes to see if he can knock you down so it is wise to try and find a chair before he gets to you. The birds were out in full force singing their morning songs, the rabbits had made a home in what was once my daughter's raised vegetable garden, and the gang of squirrels was throwing their gang signs. LoL, yep they are the thugs in the neighborhood. No one's bird feeders are safe nor vegetable gardens because I have learned that they like tomatoes.

A couple weeks ago I found several books that I purchased at the library. Randomly Saturday morning I picked up one of the books and started reading and found myself drawn into this book where I have forgotten the other three books that I have started but not finished. I am guilty of doing this. I even have a name for it, book cheating. I know not original but it is very accurate. 

The book is Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg. This is a self-help book for writers. Writing is an outlet to help with my anxiety and ADHD brain. Ms. Goldberg is a goddess among writers. I feel as if she has written this book with me in mind. Typically I can not get past a chapter in these self-help books but with her,
I want to finish reading it and doing everything that she recommended. She has a way of understanding how I feel about my writing and the struggles that I have gone through and currently going through. She has given me hope.

I hope that everyone finds their purpose today because I have found mine and that is writing the weird things that go through my ADHD/Anxiety brain.

Armarius



No comments:

Post a Comment

June Reading Haul

 Hi! Everyone, The start of the summer has been crazily busy between working summer jobs and tending to a vegetable garden. I am pleased to ...