Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Book mistakes

 Good evening, my bookish friends.

Have you ever started reading a book just to realize that it is book 6 out of the series? Well, I did just that. Before Christmas, I started a series by Karen White called the "Tradd Street Series". I just finished up book 6 in the series called, "The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street". I may have liked this book better than what I did if I would have started with book 1 first instead of book 6. However, with that being said there were some things that I really liked about this book and there were some things that I really hated about this book.

First, let me give you the synopsis of the book:

Melanie Trenholm should be anticipating Christmas with nothing but joy--after all, it's only the second Christmas she and her husband, Jack, will celebrate with their twin babies. But the ongoing excavation of the centuries-old cistern in the garden of her historic Tradd Street home has been a huge millstone, both financially and aesthetically. Local students are thrilled by the possibility of unearthing more Colonial-era artifacts at the cistern, but Melanie is concerned by the ghosts connected to the cistern that have suddenly invaded her life and her house--and at least one of them is definitely not filled with holiday cheer...

Let's start with what I liked about this book. The plot about Melanie and the women of her family having psychic abilities is a change of pace from what I have a habit of reading. Since I am a history buff I love how she has intertwined the historical architecture and the Revolutionary War into this great mystery that Melanie has found herself in. The conflict between her husband and herself has me demanding answers to where I have requested the series from my local library.

What I did not like; I did not like how insecure Melanie seemed to be and how often she made mention of how sexy she thought her husband to be. There were times that I felt like returning this book back to the library but I wanted to give it a fair chance so I stuck with it. Now I fully understand that I had started this series in the middle without realizing that and I may have understood where her insecurities come from especially when it concerns her half-sister that has just come into her life and that is the nanny for her twin babies.

So I am giving this a 4 out of 5 stars.

Happy reading,

Armarius




No comments:

Post a Comment

June Reading Haul

 Hi! Everyone, The start of the summer has been crazily busy between working summer jobs and tending to a vegetable garden. I am pleased to ...