Saturday, January 15, 2022

Book Review of River by Ryen Lesli

 Good Saturday morning, my bookish friends.  This has been a stressful week at the school that I work at with the rise of illnesses and absences. My anxiety was on a crushing point that my chest felt as if it was crushing in. But do not fear because I am feeling much better this morning after the great care and patience of my husband.

I was reviewing some of the great books that I have read in the past two years. One popped up that I thought was my full duty to share this amazing read to you for that if I should not keep this wonderful author to myself. 

River (The Beginning of the End Book 1) by Ryen Lesli.  I have read the two books from this series and devoured both of them in a matter of a couple days which is amazing for me with my busy schedule. Her character development is amazing. This hidden gem of an author has left me wanting to know more about River and what is to happen in her world. I still need answers to what happens next and looking forward to the next in this series. You can find this amazing book on Amazon. Please do not judge that you can find it on Amazon because I hear such negativity from people on this daily but I am a seeker of authors and books that may be overlooked due to prejudices of places that it may have been published or genre. I highly recommend this book to everyone that wants a new adventure. 

This is the synopsis from GoodReads: 

Does she have a secret life? One even she doesn’t know about?


Ever since seventeen-year-old River can remember, she’s always had the real sense that she is in the wrong place. Because of this, she battles a constant restlessness that consumes her. Running is the only thing that helps.

Another reason she knows she’s wrong?

She can see the light around a person. Everyone gives off energy and somehow, River can see a bit of it. She knows when someone’s good or bad. She just doesn’t know what a blurry light means, as the light around the creepy new kid, Wicked.

Upon seeing him, something inside her breaks open; a crack along some forgotten wall that frees a painful wave of raw emotion and faint visions and an emerald-eyed boy that River doesn’t remember but knows she should.




Have a wonderful weekend,
Armarius

No comments:

Post a Comment

June Reading Haul

 Hi! Everyone, The start of the summer has been crazily busy between working summer jobs and tending to a vegetable garden. I am pleased to ...