Sunday, January 9, 2022

MY TBR is growing rapidly

 Good afternoon, bookish readers

    Yesterday I was going over my TBR pile and realized that it is growing faster than I can read. Does anyone else out there feel as if they will never finish their pile? I wished that my wallet would grow as fast as my TBR pile. My goal for this pile is to get through it this year along with the books that I have planned for this reading blog. 

    Some days I feel alone in my love affair with books. I walk into a book store or library feel as if I am coming home. There are days that I feel like a failure as a woman because I do not like to go shopping and wondering around aisle upon aisle of things to buy that I don't need. Give me a book store and my mood lightens up with the possibilities of traveling to different worlds and eras. Reading is what keeps me sane and the anxiety attacks at bay. 

    I have started "A Day Like This" by Kelley McNeil and so far have found myself drawn into the story. When a story can pull me in from the first few chapters it shows great promise. Often when I read there have been many times that the story is slow that I give up by the first five chapters. If someone would ask if I would recommend this by what I have read my answer would be yes but this could change since this affair with this book has just started. Like with any affair it could burn quickly out just as it had just started. 

With these rambling's thoughts, I bid you a good day.

Armarius



No comments:

Post a Comment

June Reading Haul

 Hi! Everyone, The start of the summer has been crazily busy between working summer jobs and tending to a vegetable garden. I am pleased to ...