Saturday, January 22, 2022

Bring the tissues for this book!

Good evening my bookish friends,

I was recommended a book by someone on Facebook reading but they failed to inform me that I would need a box of tissues to along with it. The book, A Day Like This, by Kelley McNeil, was a page-turner. As I was reading this I could just feel the main character's Annie turmoil of not knowing what is real and what is not. This book had me guessing the ending with each page that I turned. The research that McNeil must have done for brain injuries and false memories must have taken a while but giving her story credibility and bringing it to life. I do not want to spoil the ending for anyone but it will not leave you for wanting. I give this read 5 stars out of 5 stars. 

Here is the Goodreads synopsis in case you missed it before;

Annie Beyers has everything—a beautiful house, a loving husband, and an adorable daughter. It’s a day like any other when she takes Hannah to the pediatrician…until she wakes hours later from a car accident. When she asks for her daughter, confused doctors tell Annie that Hannah never existed. In fact, nothing after waking from the crash is the same as Annie remembers. Five happy years of her life apparently never happened.

Annie’s marriage is coming to an end. Now a successful artist living in Manhattan, she’s no longer home in their beloved upstate farmhouse. Her long-estranged sister is more like a best friend, and her recently deceased dog is alive and well. With each passing day, Annie’s remembered past and unfamiliar present begin to blur. Haunted by visions of Hannah, and with knowledge of things she can’t explain, Annie wonders…is everyone lying to her?

The search for answers leads Annie down an illuminating path far from home, to reconcile the memories with reality and to discover the truth about the life she’s living.

To: my readers, what book should I read next? Please comment below with your suggestions with title and author.

Happy reading,

Armarius

No comments:

Post a Comment

June Reading Haul

 Hi! Everyone, The start of the summer has been crazily busy between working summer jobs and tending to a vegetable garden. I am pleased to ...