Sunday, February 6, 2022

Spies, Murder, & Cobras! Oh My!

 Good morning, my bookish friends

In late January I started the Betrayal of the Blood Lily. Let me be honest I was not sure if it would be something that I would read if someone had not suggested it to me. I love when people are so excited about a book that they had just read and want to share it with others. These people are my kind of people. Since my schedule has been busy I decided to listen to this book via Libby. I highly recommend Libby to anyone that is interested in audiobooks.

Now back to the book, I am in love with this book. It has everything that a mystery/ history lover would or could need in a book. It has spies, a love triangle, murder, stolen guns, and yikes, snakes! As someone that loved Indiana Jones as a child, I feel as if I was on a grand adventure. 

The story takes place in India on verge of war caught between England and France. Lady and Lord Fredrick Staines traveled to India after a scandal that caused the two to be married. Penelope finds herself in the court of Nizam of Hyderabad. Everyone has secrets and an agenda including her husband. She finds herself in a dangerous spy game and finds out who the dangerous spy Marigold is. Captain Alex seems to be in her way of discovering the truth. Can she trust him?



Good Reading,

Armarius

No comments:

Post a Comment

June Reading Haul

 Hi! Everyone, The start of the summer has been crazily busy between working summer jobs and tending to a vegetable garden. I am pleased to ...